As the year comes to a close, and photos are taken as families and friends reunite, many of us often begin to feel as if we haven’t changed much in the past year. We look at the photos and we see the same old-same old. For women, the easiest way to solve this dilemma is a new haircut! There’s nothing easier to give you a new look. That begs the question, however, of what cut to get. There are numerous styles to choose from, but the biggest game changer, especially if you don’t want to cut off too much length, is bangs. If you’re thinking about a new look this season, here are some pros and cons to consider with regard to bangs.
- Variety: Bangs can offer so much versatility. You can wear them straight across, side swept, short, long… there are never-ending options. You can use them to express your mood, or change it up with a simple brush to the other side.
- Cute Framing: Bangs, if done appropriately, can bring out your best features. They can frame or soften every type of face shape.
- Cover Up: Bangs are the easiest cover up. No time to pluck your eyebrows? No problem. Bangs. Pimple? Bangs. On the other hand, if you’re feeling especially good about your complexion, you can always pin them back to show it off.
- Bad Hair Days: If you’re having a bad hair day without bangs, a quick up-do such as a ponytail or a bun will work. Unfortunately with bangs it’s not always that easy. They’re front and center, so if they decide to part in a different place or get an odd kink, you’ve either got to find something to pin them back, or just go with it.
- Oily: Since the forehead is one of the most common places to sweat, bangs often get oily before the rest of the hair. So that means even if your hair is good to go on day two without a shower, your bangs may need a pick me up.
- Inconvenience: Bangs can be a pain when you don’t cut them regularly, or when you’re working out. In both instances they can get in your eyes, and it gets annoying to constantly have to flick them out of there.
As with any other choice about your look, it’s a personal one. Look through a variety of bangs options to find out if one suits you, and make sure you use a salon you trust to cut them. You want a new look that best fits you, after all.
Featured photo source: Pixabay.com