New year, new you: A common phrase used by various outlets around the new year, it tries to boost the feeling of a fresh start for the next calendar year. So what are you doing with your new start? Maybe your resolutions include eating better, working out more, spending more time with family, or being less stressed out.
All of these are great goals, but they can become frustrating when you don’t see the immediate impact they have on your current life. Why not try something that will give you an instant change to act as a catalyst for the “new you?”
Changing your hair color will give an automatic and drastic change to the way others see you, and the way you see yourself. This can give you a boost in completing your other resolutions as well, as you see the great effect change can have on your appearance, and your self-confidence.
So what color should you change your hair to? There are various options, some closer to standard hair colors, and others are a much more creative look at hair color. Read about 2017’s hair color trends, and then you can decide which look you like best!
First off, there are the hair colors that are not so far off the beaten track. They offer you a new look, but keep it to a more standard color palette. Some examples include:
- Blonde or Brown: Like any natural hair color, there are various shades to choose from. Changing your hair color doesn’t need to be a huge shift from your normal shade. You can always just choose a different point on the color spectrum to go with.
- Bronde: As the word suggests, this hair color is a mix of blonde and brown, for those who either can’t decide which color they want, or simply want a more dynamic hair color overall. It’s very natural in its appearance and can be achieved using highlights and lowlights instead of dyeing your hair as a whole, depending on your original color.
- Auburn: Auburn hair color with some orange highlights will create a bold look based off a natural shade.
- Ombre: Ombre is a great way to fancy up traditional hair color. Start with a dirty blonde or chestnut color at the roots, and slowly move to a lighter color towards the end of your hair. It will create a great dynamic look.
- Roots: Normally different colored roots are seen as embarrassing. Instead, embrace them this season. Light hair with dark roots is catching on, and creating a chic and edgy style. It works for darker hair colors going blonde, or blondes simply dyeing the top part of their strands.
2017 is also offering a plethora of creative and eye-catching colors that offer both a sophisticated and fun color for your hair.
- Color Streaks: For those who want to be a little edgier but don’t want to dye their whole head, there is the option to get color streaks. The nice aspect is, you can pick your color and how many you want, so you can customize how eye-catching you want to make it.
- Unicorn Hair: The name of a mixture of gray and purple, “unicorn hair” has become extremely popular recently. It offers a new style that has the opportunity to appear either classy or edgy, depending on the cut.
- Violet Black: Black hair is not just one shade, but is made up of several different tones. Violet black takes one of these tones and enhances the standard black hair color. It will give you a purple glow to help you stand out.
Your hair, just like clothes or makeup, can reflect your personality. Give it a boost this season, and change up your look with a new hair color.